List of terrorist incidents, 1982
The following is a timeline of acts and failed attempts that can be considered non-state terrorism in 1982.
- March 29: A bomb on board the Paris-Toulouse train kills five and injures 27 people. Carlos assumed to be responsible.
- July 20: The Hyde Park and Regents Park bombings in London by the IRA kill eleven members of the Household Cavalry and the Royal Green Jackets.
- August 7: Esenboga airport attack. Two gunmen set off a bomb and opened fire from submachine guns on passengers in a crowded check-in area at Ankara's Esenboga Airport, killing nine people and wounding 72. Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia claimed responsibility.
- August 9: Rue des Rosiers, Paris gunning and bombing of Goldenberg restaurant: six killed and 22 wounded
- August 11: A bomb explodes on Pan Am Flight 830, en route from Tokyo to Honolulu, killing one teenager and injuring 15 passengers.
- August 12: A leftist terrorist group attack a Italian Army convoy in Salerno, Italy, killing one Corporal and later another one policemen. 
- September 14: Assassination of Lebanese President Bashir Gemayel and twenty-five others in a car explosion at the Kataeb headquarters.
- September 18: Four people are wounded when a synagogue in Brussels is attacked in a "shoot and run" incident. Guards were taken by surprise and the gunman, believed to be from the Abu Nidal Organization, escaped.
- October 1: A powerfull bomb explode in Imam Square, Iranian capital of Teheran, which damaged double decker buses and restaurants, many shop, kills at least 80, injures at least 700, Mujahedin Khalq guerrilla group has responsible this case.
- October 9: Attack with grenades and machine guns on the central synagogue in Rome, Italy. A child dies, ten people are injured.
- October 14: Direct Action bombs a Litton Industries factory.
- November 11: A suicide car bomber drove an explosive laden vehicle into the Israeli military headquarters, the building was completely destroyed and 74 Israelis died in the blast. This was the worlds first suicide car bomber.
- November 30: A group called the Animal Rights Militia send a letter bomb to Margaret Thatcher at 10 Downing Street, London the device exploded injuring one person.
- December 6: Ballykelly disco bombing in which Irish National Liberation Army kills seventeen soldiers and civilians in Northern Ireland.
- December 31: FALN a Puerto Rican separatist group explodes bombs outside of the 26 Federal Plaza in Manhattan, FBI Headquarters and a United States courthouse in Brooklyn. Three NYPD police officers are blinded with one officer losing both eyes. All 3 officers sustained other serious injuries trying to diffuse a second Federal Plaza bomb.